The DOL’s Women Bureau, VETS and Joining Forces are participating in the event
The Department of Labor’s Women’s Bureau, the Veterans’ Employment and Training Service, and Joining Forces are hosting a Military Spouse Appreciation Day. Joining Forces is a White House initiative to support military families, which includes: families of service members and veterans, caregivers and survivors.
During the session, they will share resources that make a difference in improving job opportunities, wages and benefits for military spouses.
Date: Thursday, May 6th
Time: 3:00 – 4:30 p.m. eastern time
Attendees: Military spouses and all those who advocate on their behalf
Facilitator: Wendy Chun-Hoon - Director, Women’s Bureau
Speakers will address the following topics:
- What the American Jobs Plan means for military families,
- Civil service employment and military spouse hiring authority,
- Finding work during a pandemic,
- Childcare and caregiving concerns of military families, and
- What the American Jobs Plan and American Families Plan mean for military families.