Resources address limiting exposure to the coronavirus, physical distancing and communication needs
The OFCCP updated its Section 503 webpage to include a link to COVID-19 accommodation strategies from the Job Accommodation Network (JAN). JAN issued a blog article titled “Accommodation Strategies for Returning to Work During the COVID-19 Pandemic” which provides employers reopening their workplaces with some general strategies on accommodations for employees with disabilities who return to work during the pandemic. Contractors can find in the article a list of strategies for these top three categories:
- General solutions for limiting the risk of exposure to the coronavirus,
- Solutions to address physical distancing needs, and
- Solutions to address communication needs.
OFCCP also shared another free resource that educates employers seeking to recruit, hire, retain, and advance qualified individuals with disabilities provided by Employer Assistance and Resource Network on Disability Inclusion (EARN). EARN provides employers with the following resources on accommodations and more:
- How to increase disability inclusion with centralized accommodation programs,
- A checklist for employers to facilitate hiring of people with disabilities through eRecruiting,
- Employer success stories a COVID-19 response story.
Both JAN and EARN are funded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Disability Employment Policy.