FAQ clarifies that unconscious bias training is not prohibited
To assist contractors understand E.O. 13950 (Combating Race and Sex Stereotyping), OFCCP has published the following nine FAQs.
- When does E.O. 13950 become effective?
- What constitutes “race or sex stereotyping” under E.O. 13950?
- What constitutes “race or sex scapegoating” under E.O. 13950?
- Is such stereotyping and scapegoating unlawful in a training program?
- What are examples of race or sex stereotyping or scapegoating?
- Does E.O. 13950 prohibit unconscious bias or implicit bias training?
- How can I file a complaint alleging unlawful training programs?
- What will happen with complaints received by the hotline?
- When will the DOL publish the Request for Information mandated by E.O. 13950?
For more information about the E.O., refer to our previous blogs.