The interactive webinar will be held on January 26 and 27.
Beginning January 30, 2022, covered federal contracts are required to increase the hourly minimum wage to $15 for workers performing work on or in connection with covered contracts. The Executive Order (E.O.) 14026, “Increasing the Minimum Wage for Federal Contractors,” applies to across the country and its territories and imposes the following:
- Increases the hourly minimum wage for workers performing work on or in connection with covered federal contracts to $15 beginning Jan. 30, 2022.
- Continues to index the federal contract minimum wage in future years to inflation.
- Eliminates the tipped minimum wage for federal contract employees by 2024.
- Ensures a $15 minimum wage for workers with disabilities performing work on, or in connection with, covered contracts.
- Restores minimum wage protections to outfitters and guides operating on federal lands.
To assist contractors with the E.O., the Department of Labor (DOL) is holding a virtual interactive webinar on January 26, 2022, and January 27, 2022. In addition to the webinar, the DOL is providing video training of the order’s requirements that participants may view at their convenience. The virtual compliance seminars will benefit contracting agencies, contractors, unions, workers, and other stakeholders. Click here to register.
View our previous blogs on this matter:
September 2, 2021 – DOL Issues Proposed Rule on Minimum Wage Increase for Federal Contractors