Today, on November 11, we honor those who defended our country on Veterans Day. OutSolve thanks this nation’s Veterans for their courage, service, and sacrifice.
This is also a time for federal contractors to ensure equal employment opportunities in the civilian workplace for protected veterans, veterans with disabilities, and spouses of protected veterans. The Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) provides a host of resources and compliance assistance to help federal contractors comply with their legal obligations under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA). Veterans also have access to these resources to learn about their rights in the workplace.
Click one of the links below to access OFCCP’s free resources:
- Veteran and Disabled Veteran Resources: Our resources include worker fact sheets that discuss Protected Veterans' Rights and Disability Rights.
- VEVRAA Compliance Assistance for Contractors: Our resources include VEVRAA Regulations Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), the current VEVRAA Benchmark, and other Compliance and Hiring Resources.
- Protections Against Employment Discrimination for Service Members and Veterans: A resource on employment discrimination protections for service members and veterans, as well as guidance on where to get help if you believe you have been discriminated against in the workplace because of your military status, veteran status, or another protected basis.
- USERRA Resources: FAQs and general information about the different types of employment protections for veterans and service members under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act of 1994 (USERRA) and the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (VEVRAA).
- VETS: You can find a wealth of information from DOL’s Veterans' Employment and Training Service.